- All current Memorial Springs properties are automatically eligible by default.
- Award winners are selected based on the recommended judging criteria listed below.
- Recipients must reside in Memorial Springs.
- Key criteria include manicured yard, beautification, originality and creativity.
- The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents themselves or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
- An award duration term lasts a single calendar month and runs from the first day of the month to the last day of that same month.
- The same property cannot receive more than one award per program calendar period.
- Recipients receiving awards in the middle of the month shall surrender their award at the end of that same month.
- More than one Yard of the Month recipient may be selected in a single month.
- Yard of the Month winners must be current with their Association dues.
- While an individual's home is being recognized as a Memorial Springs "Yard of the Month" they are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title.
- Winners may be disqualified if their property is in violation of any HOA covenants or regulations.
Memorial Springs Yard of the Month candidates is judged solely on the total exterior appearance of their property and front yard as viewed from the street. General upkeep of the yard and property is paramount. Factors include the overall appearance; tidiness and neatness of the front of the property as evidenced by pruned, trimmed and shaped foliage, edged and defined lawns, borders & flowerbeds.
LAWN: Healthy grass with no bare spots or excessive weeds. Grass shall be mowed and edged, and grass around foundations and fences shall be trimmed. Debris (garbage, pet feces, etc.) shall be picked up and removed.
LANDSCAPE & FLOWER BEDS: Beds weeded and edged. Flowers deadheaded and dead plants removed. Trees and shrubs pruned. Natural areas cleaned. Beautification efforts including new flowers, new trees and new shrubs.
WALKWAYS & DRIVEWAYS: Walkways and driveways shall be clean and free of stains, weeds and grass (trash containers or yard products removed from view). Area in front of curb free from debris and dirt.
AESTHETICS: Overall look of landscaping use of color and textures, garden art. Originality and Creativity (any special touches of the owner i.e., yard art, etc.)
VOTING: To vote in the Yard of the Month competition you must be a homeowner and registered on the MSHOA web site (memorialsprings.net). ***One vote per property owned***. ** Please only vote for one home as well**
Voting Procedure: Log onto the MSHOA website and click on Yard of the Month link. Next click on the Photo Album for current month's competition. To vote enter (LIKE) into the comment section of the photo of your choice." MSHOA BOD Yard Of The Month Awarding Final"!
Summary note: While lack of strict adherence to the criteria above does not necessarily result in a disqualification, these principles offer general guidelines that should be recognized by the Memorial Springs Yard of the Month program.
The Memorial Springs Homeowners Association is dedicated to improving the quality of living and appearance of our community. We encourage residents to take pride in their homes and neighborhood. In turn, we look to celebrate those who do a superior job in maintaining their yards in such a way that they enhance the overall curb appeal of the entire community. Yards are judged on neatness, landscaping and color. All yards are eligible. If you feel you're yard or a neighbor's is being overlooked, please send a e-mail with your name, address & phone number via the Memorial Springs web site at memorialsprings.net